Broccoli & Parsnip Soup
Posted on November 19, 2015
- 1lb Organic broccoli
- 1lb Organic parsnip
- 1 Organic yellow onion
- 3 Organic garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups Organic/homemade vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp fresh Organic thyme leaves
- grated Organic nutmeg to taste, a little goes a long way
- handful of Organic fresh parsley leaves
- handful of Organic raw walnuts
- Organic coconut oil
- Sea salt & Organic black pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Saute onion and garlic together until soft and golden.
- Add roughly chopped broccoli (stems + florets) and roughly chopped parsnip. Stir until coated.
- Add vegetable stock & thyme. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and cook for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- I like chunkier soups, but if you like smooth, blend until desired texture
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve sprinkled with walnuts and a swirl of cream if you like it rich