Posted on December 15, 2012
What you should expect from us:
Bins are ready for pick up by noon on Thursday, most weeks they are ready by 10am. You can bring your own bags or bin to swap out so that you don’t have to remember to return your empty bin, otherwise just grab your goods and you’re on your way! If you can’t get here on Thursday, you can pick up on Friday or Saturday.
- The freshest organic fruits and veggies we can get our hands on, if there is ever something in your bin that is not high quality please let us know as soon as possible and we will swap it out or refund you.
- Great recipes and advice, you may find fruits and vegetables you have never even heard of let alone tasted. What a treat! If you’re not sure what to do with something you get, just ask, we love this stuff!
- Locally sourced produce. We try to have as much BC produce as possible in the store and especially in our bins. In the summer and fall months this means almost everything, in the winter and early spring, it tends to be supplemented with California, Oregon, Washington
- 100% Organic. Everything you get will be certified organic, the only exception being our own local Organic Farm Edible Acres who are in the process of becoming certified organic (but have been farming organically since the beginning anyway)
- 15% Savings. By signing up for the bin you save at least 15% on the produce you receive each week.
- Little or no packaging. By buying bulk and packaging in bins, we eliminate the need to have packaging on your produce.
What we expect from you:
- Please return your bin, clean and dry before the next Thursday.
- If you have signed up for a bin that week, you are responsible for it, we have ordered and prepared this just for you. If something comes up, please call as soon as possible.
- If you are going away, simply put your bin on hold until you will need it again.
- To help us support local organic farmers. Each bin you bring home makes an impact on us, the farmers, and the land. Thank you.